Thursday, October 23, 2008

Camp Life


"I went into the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could learn what it had to teach, and not, when it came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what is not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out the marrow of life, to live sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to tout all that was not life; to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, to reduce it to its lowest terms, and if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it on my next excursion."

- Henry David Thoreau
Posted by Picasa

No comments: